This is a weekend must on our recipe list. You mean you can have your pancakes, eat them, and not feel guilty? Yes, absolutely! We love to eat the little low carb, paleo, pillowy wonders for breakfast. Our kids love these paleo banana pancakes just as much too!
Breakfast in our house during the weekdays usually consists of a quick cup of coffee to go. Time is essential when trying to start your day, am I right? Haha! However for the weekends when we have more time to spare, this paleo banana pancake recipe is our tried and true. There’s nothing like waking up in the morning to the smell of fresh pancakes on the griddle. It always gets you in the right mood to start your day off happy.
For this recipe, we use our favorite paleo store bought mix Birchbenders. You can usually find this at Costco or order it on Amazon. It doesn’t compromise the homemade taste whatsoever, I promise. Honestly for a family it makes for an easy and nutritious breakfast. Not to mention the kids always love a good stack of pancakes.
We use ripened bananas and put them into our KitchenAid stand mixer. Mix them until they are fully mashed and creamy. Add in the eggs and whip until fluffy in consistency. Then its pretty much throw and go! Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined. You should now have the perfect pancake batter. On a griddle or pan add some butter, then a scoop of pancake batter at a time. Make the pancakes large or small, whatever makes you happy. Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble on the surface and cook for another couple minutes. Remove the paleo banana pancakes from the griddle and top with you favorite toppings. We love fresh berries or vegan whipped coconut cream. Go ahead, give them a try, and you’ll be glad you did.Print
Paleo Banana Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 4–5 people 1x
- 1 1/3 cups Birch Benders paleo pancake & waffle mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium extra ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–4 tablespoons butter
In a mixing bowl:
1. Add the ripe bananas and mix until they’re fully mashed.
2. Add in the eggs and whisk mixture together until slightly fluffy in consistency
3. Add in Birch Benders pancake & waffle mix, water, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined. Do not over mix. The batter can be slightly thin but will thicken slightly after standing
In a stand mixer:
1. Using the whisk attachment, add the ripe bananas and turn on low until bananas are fully mashed.
2. Stop mixer and add in the eggs. Turn on mixer to low speed and whisk mixture together until it becomes slightly fluffy in consistency.
3. Stop mixer and add in Birch Benders pancake & waffle mix, water, and vanilla. Turn on mixer to low and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
1. Heat your griddle or skillet over medium heat. Add in one of the four tablespoons of butter. Spread the butter until it coats the bottom of the griddle or pan. (Butter can be omitted on a nonstick surface if preferred)
2. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle or skillet, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot. Top with favorite toppings!
- Calories: 160 (2-3 Pancakes)
- Fat: 16 grams
- Carbohydrates: 8 grams
- Protein: 8 grams