Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I know what you are thinking, “What am I going to do with all those ripe bananas?” Well, I know what you should do—make banana bread! I mean, most of us have more than one banana going a little too ripe anyway. Banana bread is my usual go-to solution, but sometimes we make our paleo banana pancakes or smoothies. I was thinking of how to make the recipe better. Chocolate chip banana bread was the perfect answer!
Bananas in our home
In our household we love bananas. We go through bundles and bundles every month. The kids have grown up loving them as well. They’re really perfect to incorporate into any sweet treat and add another depth of flavor. One of our favorites is something we call banana whip. We freeze a few bananas and then blend them in our Vitamix blender for a sugar-free treat you can’t beat.
This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is a great one that your friends will love! I wrote this as a two-loaf recipe in hopes that you will share one with a friend, or you can freeze it if wrapped well! This past weekend I brought two loaves to our precious friends at church for a post-service snack. I definitely got some thumbs up! It just warms my heart when everyone shows me their mouthful smiles!
Banana bread recipe
This recipe is so simple! It can be made using a bowl and a whisk or right in your mixer. I opted for our KitchenAid stand mixer. I would ordinarily say to mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then combine them, but let’s be real and save a dish. So, just put the bananas in the bowl (or mixer), and then add the rest of the ingredients and mix them until just combined. It is better not to over mix, so just mix the ingredients until a smooth batter. Add the evenly split batter into your greased loaf pans and bake at 350℉ for 45-50 minutes. I advise you to look at them at the 45-minute mark and decide your desired brownness.
We like to spread butter on the bread right after it comes out of the oven, and if possible serve it warm. There is just nothing like a warm slice of this chocolate chip banana bread with a spread of smooth and creamy butter, along with your favorite hot drink! This is something that we had often growing up. I really hope you and your loved ones enjoy this banana bread!Print
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 2 loaves 1x
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 5 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and butter two 8in x 4in bread loaf pans.
- In a mixer place with the beater attachment the ripe bananas and mix on low until bananas are completely mashed and smooth. (you can also use a bowl with a fork)
- Add in the butter, eggs, sugar, salt, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
- Last add the flour and chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350℉ for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick or wooden skewer comes out clean from the center of the bread.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely in the pan.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy with some warm butter or honey on top.
(Tip: Store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Otherwise, this banana bread keeps perfectly in the freezer for several months if wrapped well.)
- Serving Size: 1 medium slice
- Calories: 280 calories
- Sodium: 370 miligrams
- Fat: 12 grams
- Saturated Fat: 6.8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 43 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 3.8 grams
- Cholesterol: 46 miligrams