Seasons come and go, times change, and connections can fade but the friendship between guacamole and salsa never loses its connection, haha! They can be the centerpiece at a gathering, the tasty treat that brings a smile to everyone’s face, and a food combo that always brings people together. If we’ve learned anything from a snack food, it’s that gathering together and keeping a connection with friends is vitally important in life.
Guacamole and salsa are literally the perfect pairing of food. Add chips to create a dip, toss them into a burrito or salad, or whatever you fancy – salsa and guacamole always go well with many other foods! Avocados are a creamy nutritious fruit that we absolutely love in our house – yes, that’s right, they are a fruit not a vegetable!
We recently discovered a love for Everything Bagel Seasoning on top of ripe avocados. It’s life changing, if you’re an avocado fan, which I’m going to assume you are if you’ve read this far. You can get the seasoning at Costco, Trader Joe’s, or any other major grocery store retailer these days. I’ll post a link to the seasoning in case you’re curious. 👇🏻😊
Back to avocados. They’re delicious on their own but our creamy guacamole recipe brings them to another level. This particular recipe has a lot of flavor and texture but you can add corn, beans, or even sweeter flavors like mangos or another fruit. We’ve tried many variations of this recipe and are wide open to new creative recipes. We enjoy adding the freshness of veggies to our guacamole. We’re sure you will enjoy it too!
This guacamole recipe was a must to add to our Simply Sells recipe collection! Prepare it alongside our Simply Salsa, add some sour cream and tortilla chips, and then have a party! Quick tip: if you’re wanting your guacamole to last a bit longer, save the avocado pits on top and add bit of extra lime juice to prevent browning. We’re really looking forward to exploring more creative recipes with our Simply Sells family. Hope you enjoy the guacamole, we did!Print
Sweet Corn Guacamole
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium vine ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño (with seeds), finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, pre-cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 2 1/2 limes
- 3–4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Peel and remove seeds from your avocados and add to a large bowl. Set seeds aside.
- Add in the fresh squeezed lime juice over the avocados. (This will help to prevent browning)
- Using a potato masher or a fork mash all the avocados until they become slightly creamy but still chunky.
- In the bowl add the chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, diced jalapeño, chopped cilantro, diced garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Mash and combine all the ingredients together.
- Add in the sweet corn and stir to combine.
Quick tip: If you’re wanting your guacamole to last a bit longer, save the avocado pits on top and add bit of extra lime juice to prevent browning.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Sodium: 210 mg
- Fat: 16 grams
- Carbohydrates: 16 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams