For the shredded chicken:
- Using an Instant pot place the chicken broth, taco seasoning and whisk until combined.
- Place chicken breasts in the Instant pot and close lid until latched.
- Turn the Instant pot to pressure cook setting on High. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the Instant pot pressure naturally release or release the pressure using the release valve.
- Open Instant pot and remove chicken. Place on a plate and shred.
- Sprinkle on the remaining taco seasoning directly on the chicken.
- Ladle one scoop of the chicken broth over the shredded chicken and toss to combine.
- Set to the side.
- Pre heat oven to 350℉.
- In tortilla warmer (or in slightly damp towel) place 3-5 of your tortillas at time in the microwave. Heat for 20-30 seconds. This should make the tortillas pliable for filling.
- In a separate dish pour out the red enchilada sauce.
- Using one tortilla at a time, dip in the red enchilada sauce coating the front and back surface of the tortilla.
- In an oven safe baking dish place the coated tortilla and fill with a small pinch of shredded chicken and shredded cheese. Roll up the tortilla from one end to the other. Place the enchiladas parallel next to each other.
- Repeat steps four and five until your baking dish is full of enchiladas.
- Pour over the enchiladas the rest of your red enchilada sauce, salsa, and top with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling around the edges.
- Take the dish out of the oven and top with chopped cilantro and feta (or cojita) cheeses.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip: To brown the top of the enchiladas place oven on high broil for 2-3 minutes. (Or until top is slightly browned.)
For the enchiladas:
- Put the quartered potatoes in a deep saucepan with cold water.
- Over medium heat bring potatoes to a simmer.
- Cook the potatoes until fork tender. About 15 minutes. (Careful to not overcook until they are mushy)
- Strain the potatoes.
- Over low heat add in butter, sour cream, milk/half & half. Add the potatoes back to the stockpot.
- Mash with a hand masher or electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in salt to taste. (Do not over mash as potatoes can become “gluey” in texture)
Salsa verde aioli:
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds until combined and smooth in texture.