Family,  Home

A weekday in the life of Sandra 😊

This is my weekday morning routine. The alarm sounds at 7 a.m. in my world and I hit snooze till 7:15 a.m. The rush of getting ready is usually due to me wanting to squeeze in as many winks as possible. I tell myself daily, “You wouldn’t have to rush if you just woke up by 7a.m.” I turn the shower on to warm it up, and then stumble to the restroom. With my shower done and the clock ticking, I quickly dry and get my clothes on.  I quickly moisturize my face, apply very basic 2 minute makeup for my face and then color the brows in. (Very important as you know, ladies). The work phone and the personal phone are placed in my pocket. The Apple watch is donned, and then off to the kitchen I go. The lunch box has been prepared the night before in the fridge so I grab that, and then I quickly pour my cup of coffee (I love my new cup from Dunkin as I have mentioned in previous blogs). I grab my purse and turn off the alarm. At this point, it is hit or miss if the children wake up. If they are up, I whisk them to daddy and try to hustle out the door with the mommy guilt that is inevitable when you have to leave them in such a rush.

My workday at my workplace is unpredictable. Usually it consists of handling a lot of things all at once while trying to remain calm and in control. I love so much of my job yet feel immense stress of the responsibility to keep it flowing. Each child that we get to care for is precious and an honor to care for. I would say that the demands of the business of healthcare is what is stressful. I am a loyal worker and dedicated to doing my best. So this is what I do, “my best.” Like many workplaces sometimes it is a thankless job. Through this corona virus we have seen some decline in business but we are working hard to increase the productivity of our company by making sure that every child gets scheduled and all their needs are met. This is a huge task when it has become normal to quarantine, which has a consequence on business. I’m praying that we come out of this season fast. I speak over my workplace every day that the needs of the patients are met, that we have consistent business, and that we are a success.

I try to squeeze in, with a joyful heart, reading the bible during my lunch hour, which is the only personal time I get in my whole day. This is also the time I call home to check on the family. When 5p.m. hits, I am ready for my next job – motherhood. (I call it that because it is work). I would say this is the best part of my day though because I get to see my little miracles. As I’m heading out the door from my workplace, I text my mother-in-law using my apple watch to let her know that I’m on my way to pick up the littles. When I arrive to get them, with all my heart I try to show my gratitude to a woman that helps make our life possible. I have the best mother-in-law, or in-love as they say. The hugs are priceless when I reunite with my little ones. Now the battle of stopping the fun for just a minute to put shoes on begins. My children are usually very obedient but stopping the fun at Maimeo’s (May-moh’s) is like the end of the world to them. Off to the car we go but not without a race down the sidewalk first. On your marks, get set, and go! I never want to discourage exercise so I let them indulge in this pick up routine. LOL!

As we return home, it’s the quiet march to the back room without interrupting the music lessons in the front room. I then set the kids up with an activity and I start to cook dinner. As it’s simmering or baking, I start preparing for bath time. The after bath routine of lotion, hair brushing, and putting on the jammies begins.  By this time it’s about 7:30 p.m. and dinner is served. Marshall Studio’s students usually have lessons with Kodi till about this time. While the kids eat, we usually tidy up some of the play mess in the back room, change over some laundry in the laundry room, and then rush back to the dinner table to try to have a family dinner together. After dinner we let the kids pick one show on TV. When that is over, we start the kids’ teeth brushing and bedtime routine. Jonas and Norah now find their beds and snuggle in, and we usually sing songs and read a book at this time. We always talk about the best and worst parts of our day and pray for the worst part. Every night I say, “I love you with all my heart, no matter what” and a boat load of kisses are given.

By this time it’s about 9:30 p.m. on a good night and 10:30 p.m. on a bad night, haha. Kodi and I finish tidying the house and prep the morning coffee pot. If we are not dieting, we may serve a yummy dessert while folding a basket of laundry and watching a show before possibly passing out. On some nights we spend this time at the piano preparing for worship, editing our website, or podcasting. Life is an adventure at the Sells and the train doesn’t seem to stop. With all this said all I can say is we are happy and looking forward to some things changing as we pursue are dreams. We are doing it together!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *